1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOUWe collect several types of information about visitors and/or users of our Services. We may collect this information either directly when you provide it to us or automatically as you navigate through the Websites or App. (a) Personally Identifiable Information. ‘Personally Identifiable Information’ refers to information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, email address, or school. We will collect and process such data about you when you register for a Service/create an account, subscribe to a newsletter, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication. When ordering products or services on the Websites or App. You may also provide information to be published or displayed (“posted”) on public areas of the Websites (such as blogs, forums, message boards, and the like), or transmitted to other users of the Websites using ‘sharing’ features (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Websites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Depending upon the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity. We may also collect your Internet Protocol (‘IP’) address. We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers, software, to administer our Services and to gather demographic information. We do not collect more Personally Identifiable Information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity on the Websites. If you are a school and you use a Corset Academy service within the United States for children under the age of 13, you are responsible for obtaining consent from the parents/legal guardians of each child you wish to allow to participate in using any of our Services. A child using our Services will be able to participate in certain activities such as taking online educational and informational courses. (b) Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may collect, or our third party ad server and/or content server may collect, certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information, that does not by itself identify a specific individual. Such information tells us about your equipment, browsing actions, the resources that you access and use through the Services, your operating system and browser type. Our third party ad servers will provide us with summary, but not individual, reports that will tell us how many ads were presented and clicked upon at our Websites. The information that we collect automatically is ‘statistical’ in nature. It helps us to deliver a better and more personalized service to users, by enabling us to estimate usage patterns, customize our Services according to your individual preferences, and speed up your searches. (c) Corset Academy does not store, process or transmit any credit card data. All credit card transactions and credit card data is processed and stored by PCI Level 1 certified payment processors: PayPal and Stripe
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATIONWe use information held about you in the following ways:
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you use the Contact Usform on our site, we will respond to your inquiry and delete the information provided after your request has been fulfilled.
- To ensure that content from our Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our Services
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
5. UPDATING OR CORRECTING YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATIONYou may change any of your or your child’s Personally Identifiable Information online by logging into ‘My Profile’ in accordance with instructions posted elsewhere on our Websites. You may also access, request deletion, and correct yours or your child’s personal information and privacy preferences by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your or your child’s name, address, and e-mail address when you contact us. We encourage you to promptly update your or your child’s Personally Identifiable Information if it changes. You may ask to have the information on yours or your child’s account deleted or removed and request that we no longer have contact with your child; however, because we keep track of past transactions for as long as is reasonably necessary, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions on this Website. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups.
6. CANCELING YOUR ACCOUNT OR DELETING PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATIONIf you are a Corset Academy member and would like to cancel your membership, log in to your account and go to View Profile, Cancel Membership. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you Services contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
7. CHOICES REGARDING CONTROL OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATIONYou can access some of the information that we collect about you or your child. For example, by logging in to your account, you can access information regarding recent orders from the Websites; Personally Identifiable Information; communication preferences; and payment settings. With respect to your communications preferences, you can unsubscribe from newsletters by following the instructions included in the newsletter you receive. If your e-mail address has changed and you would like to continue to receive newsletters, you will need to access your account and update your e-mail address information in your account and sign-up again for the newsletter. Occasionally we may send out e-mails concerning website disruptions. We do not send unsolicited commercial e-mails (“spam”). We offer commercial e-mail recipients the opportunity to opt-out of further communications in every e-mail. Please note that we may not include the opt-out information in non-commercial Service e-mails (i.e., e-mails concerning your order, the Website Terms of Service, etc.). You also have choices with respect to cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies some parts of our Websites may not work properly in your case.
8. DATA SECURITYAll information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. To make online purchases you must use an SSL-enabled browser in order to protect the confidentiality of your personal and credit card information while it is transmitted over the Internet. Access by you to your account is available through a password and/or unique user name selected by you. This password is encrypted. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone, that you change your password often using a combination of letters and numbers, and that you ensure you use a secure web browser. We cannot be held accountable for activity that results from your own neglect to safeguard the secrecy of your password and user name. If you share a computer with anyone, you should always log out of your account after you are finished, in order to prevent access to your information from subsequent users of that computer. Please notify us as soon as possible if your user name or password is compromised. For assistance email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Website cannot be guaranteed and we shall have no liability to you or any third party for loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration of such information; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party. In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your Personally Identifiable Information in our control may have been compromised, we will notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances. To the extent we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail and you consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
12. COMMUNITIES, FORUMS, CHAT ROOMS, AND MESSAGE BOARDSIf you or your child choose to disclose Personally Identifiable Information on communities, message boards, forums, and the like, which may be accessible via the Websites, you should be aware that such information, along with any information disclosed in your communication, can be collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. You acknowledge and accept that any submissions to chat rooms or other public areas on the Websites are accessible to all third parties. If you do not want yours or your child’s comments to be viewed by third parties, you are advised not to make any submissions. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for all activity conducted by you via communities, forums, message boards, chat rooms, etc. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
14. GIFT CERTIFICATES AND PLAYLISTSIf you choose to send a gift certificate or playlist to an individual, we will ask you for the individual’s name and email address. We will automatically send a one-time email to the individual either with notice of their gift certificate along with an activation key or an invitation to visit the Websites. The recipient will be asked to create a user name and password to activate their subscription, and during this process, they will also be asked if they want to receive any newsletters or other emails from Corset Academy. Corset Academy stores name and email address of the recipient for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. The individual may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.